JIFF-FISH KNIFE SHARPENER & FISHING TOOL
or make 4 interest-free payments of $9.99 AUD fortnightly with More info
- Pre-set Carbide Blades Ensure Correct Sharpening Angle
- Tape for Measuring
- Scale for Weighing
- Writing Pen Stores in Handle
- Soft Grip Rubber Handle for Comfort and Safety
- Reversible and Replaceable Carbide Blades Extend Sharpening
- Hook Hone Sharpens All Sizes of Hooks
- Abrasive: Carbides - Coarse / Synthetic - Medium
- Always keep your fingers inside the hand guard and your thumb securely on the thumb rest indention on the top of the sharpener; otherwise possible injury may occur.
- To sharpen the knife, place the knife on a solid flat surface with the cuttening edge facing up. Securely hold the knife in place with downward pressure on the handle. For best results allow about 1/2"" to 1"" of the blade to extend past the edge of your flat surface.
- Starting near the handle of the knife, place the ""V"" in the head of the sharpener over the cutting edge of the knife. Position the head of the sharpener at a 90 degree angle to the knife's cutting edge. While holding the knife with one hand and the sharpener in the other, draw the sharpener across the blade from the heel of the point while applying light downward pressure. At the end of each stroke, continue your outward motion in order to avoid any contact with the blade. You will feel the tungsten carbide cutters removing metal from the knife. Repeat this process 3 or 4 times or until your knife is sharp. Remember light pressure is sufficient when using the sharpener. Heavy pressure might cause you to lose control of the knife and could cause possible injury. The carbide cutting heads are reversable and replaceable. When the heads stop cutting they can be rotated and used on the other side. To rotate the heads remove the screw and the plastic cover piece. Remove the carbides and rotate them 1/2 turn and then place the top carbide into the bottom slot and the bottom carbide into the top slot.
Scale weights up to 25 pounds and is not to be used for official weights for sale or trade. To use scale, slide hook out from locked position and let it extend down from bottom of handle. When finished with scale, slide hook back into locked position for storage.
The 36-inch retractable tape pulls out from the bottom of the handle. Excellent for measuring your fish for catch and release or to make sure that your fish is of legal size.
The multi-grooved hook hone is excellent for sharpening all sizes of hooks.
Always clean your sharpener after using. Rinse with warm water and towel dry.