Announcement: We are open online and in-store with social distancing measures.

Report: Ozisofishing members trip 24.09.2016

Posted on 21 October 2016

James, Leon, Ray Wu, Joseph, Seung ho, Elliot, Brad, Gabriel

Set up:
Rod - IFL Excalibur Type II
Reel - Daiwa Tournament ISO 3000SH LBD
Line - Marufuji ST Mark #4
Leader - #3.5 V hard
Float - IFL Basic BG #0.8/0.5

We met up nice and early and greeted the sunrise as we walked down to the ledge. The swell was forecasted to be high so I decided to select this ledge, but upon arrival the wash didn't seem too good as the tide was falling. We promptly rigged up and took turn with the water bucket making our burley. The morning was quiet with the water being glassy, allowing us to see clearly into the water and could see the pickers with polarised sunnies.

James drew first blood by hooking up onto a drummer in the wash. Elliot was on right after James hooked up and landed a massive tarwhine that went 35cm. Jame's fish took a while to land due to the IFL Excalibur 600cm ISO landing net not reaching the bottom due to the run out tide, so we dragged the fish 20m across the ledge and washed up the fish, then net the fish as the wave brought it up. The fish went a healthy 45cm on the brag mat and it was a good day to kick off the day with the dynamic duo getting the hopes up for everybody. However, the fishing was slow again as the bites went off until Seung Ho hooked up. I was net boy for the whole day as I ran around helping people land their fish.

Seung Ho hooked a horse of a bream from in front that we had no chance of landing with the net. We had to do the same thing as James's drummer and dragged the bream to the corner and eventually got it up. The bream was massive and was healthy which measured 40cm on the dot, congrats to Seung Ho on the monster bream. Seung Ho was on fire as he landed another blackfish not long after. I followed as I hooked up a bream in the wash. Brad hooked and landed a trevally which he released as it was only a few cm over the legal size, but was rewarded generously with a 41cm black trevally which he landed after I left (please upload photo as I didn't take a photo of it Brad).

Pickers were active as they scavenged the bait and kept getting caught and released from rock cods, sweep, wirrah cod to baby drummer.

I had to leave for work so I packed up at 8:30am and scrambled off to work. Great fishing with everybody on Saturday and hope to see you on the rocks again soon!

Also, thanks for Joseph for taking some epic shots with my camera!!

Photos Part 1/3

More Posts

Join our Mailing List

Sign up to receive our email updates

Search our store